Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2nd Annual Progressive Rock Video Post

This time around I present you with THREE amazing videos with some of the oddest compositions i can find. Im gonna start with the most intense of the three,an almost free-jazz introduction that blows into some heavy shit. Upon discovering this video,fate must've loved me or something because the record store I was working at had the first two National Health LPS for $1.99 or so and the same copies marked up at like $12 or so (due to its import label and a fucking shitty money hungry gay of a boss who loved sigur ros wayyyyy too much) so I popped a switch-a-roo and got the cleaner records in the cheap covers :]. fuck that guy. I wanna give props to a buddy of mine Ian who showed me a bunch of prog (actually he's responsible for all three of these videos) cause hes the man. Second up would be Area from Italy,who plays almost a jazz-rock conglomerate not too far off from a Mahavishnu Orchestra or Frank Zappa. I wanted to post L'internazionale but I couldnt find a full length video and that'd be wack to put up 1 minute of it. I recently got a studio and a live LP from these guys in a trade I just did (thanks Colin) and the live record hasnt left my turntable in a good while. Last up would be the only band I dont own on LP yet (but goddamnit I'm gunning for one,even if its the picture disc reissue) and Im dying to own,Trettioariga Kriget,which means "thirty years war",which is pretty intense. Intense enough to warrant all those commas and grammatical errors hahaha. The track kicks off in a FZ "King Kong"/Edgar Winter "Frankenstein" mid-break sorta swing,before the singer pummels you with his falsettos. Then it cools off to a slick groove before jumping back up. Great song,and a great record I would imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

RELEASES

UT-02 : Cogs and Sprockets
"Saturating The Well-Oiled Machine"*

UT-03 : Elderly Couple
"The First Four Weeks"*

UT-04 : Cogs and Sprockets
"In The Kingdom Of The Blind"*

UT-05 : Split:
White Ninja/Cogs and Sprockets*

: The Naturals
"Get Off My Train"+

: Giftgas
"Demo 2009"*

: Giftgas
"Demo 2010"*

: Ostracized
"Spread Disease Like A Dog"+

: Cogs and Sprockets
"Temporary Aid In The
Uncureable Sickness Of The Mind"*

: Cogs and Sprockets
"Human Error"*

: Giftgas
"Closed Casket Funeral"*

:Cogs and Sprockets
"(Camping out in front of)
The Black Friday EP"*

:Equal Opportunity Destroyer
"Promo 1/8/11"*+

:Cogs And Sprockets
"Two Things At Once"*

:Cogs And Sprockets
"Arms For The Poor"*

:Seeds Of Rape
"Demo 2011"*

:Split:
Scalped/Cogs And Sprockets*

* - Cassette
+ - 3" Cd-r/Cd-r