Thursday, January 20, 2011

1/20/11 Update

The demand for older releases of Cogs And Sprockets has always been lingering. Never a huge ordeal or a thing that has left people bated with wet tongues salivating or anything,but occasionally folks will inquire if I still have copies of earlier tapes of yesteryear. When "In The Kingdom Of The Blind" was finally lessening in copies (yep,that's sarcasm),I started putting together the starts of the split. Originally Bastards was asked to share the split,but contact was lost (and still kinda is,if you dudes read this hit me up!) and then it was in talks to share the split with Execution Techniques (which I believe morphed into Yeung,whom I would be willing to share a split with as well! Hit me up if you see this Chris!),but yet again contact fell out. I had always planned on doing something with the White Ninja,but it was going to be a collective fucked-up-remix-of-fucked-up-remixes from him and Surgical Dissection (which did the remix on certain copies of In The Kingdom Of The Blind),so when the C/S side was complete and White Ninja had sent me a song that ran about the same length as my side,it just ended up working out the way it did. It was this release that I decided to look at it as more of a serious thing rather than the fun home and bored side project it started as on the first two tapes. Additionally,the tape was traded and sold significantly faster than any of the previous tapes I had already released. Each cassettes limited to 50 copies,both have been unavailable for a couple years UNTIL NOW.

This collection collects a collective of collectivity. "In The Kingdom Of The Blind" on side one and the split with White Ninja on side two. 17 grinding tracks recorded in two different times and places. Artwork stolen from Fear of God and title stolen from Descendents. A mere 35 copies available too,so don't miss out on these until it all gets released on an extensive discography. Who knows when that will be compiled? I surely don't.

Cogs And Sprockets - "Two Things At Once"
5.50ppd to andreswade@gmail.com
Contact me for trades and international rates

The Black Friday EP should be out any day now,I was told the covers were finished. Next on the plate is "MFIPOTEOAC" EP and a split with an awesome band is in the works currently.

EDIT 2/3/11: Down to about 7 copies left. Then back into obscurity. Taking lessons from the Disney Vault hahaha.

AWESOME NEWS: Sean from Bovine Records (which was an awesome label) has restarted the almighty Bovine mach 2.0,and has asked me to be on a comp which I couldn't deny. Then he tells me SFN and Suffering Mind are on it too. Yup,I got a boner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELEASES

UT-02 : Cogs and Sprockets
"Saturating The Well-Oiled Machine"*

UT-03 : Elderly Couple
"The First Four Weeks"*

UT-04 : Cogs and Sprockets
"In The Kingdom Of The Blind"*

UT-05 : Split:
White Ninja/Cogs and Sprockets*

: The Naturals
"Get Off My Train"+

: Giftgas
"Demo 2009"*

: Giftgas
"Demo 2010"*

: Ostracized
"Spread Disease Like A Dog"+

: Cogs and Sprockets
"Temporary Aid In The
Uncureable Sickness Of The Mind"*

: Cogs and Sprockets
"Human Error"*

: Giftgas
"Closed Casket Funeral"*

:Cogs and Sprockets
"(Camping out in front of)
The Black Friday EP"*

:Equal Opportunity Destroyer
"Promo 1/8/11"*+

:Cogs And Sprockets
"Two Things At Once"*

:Cogs And Sprockets
"Arms For The Poor"*

:Seeds Of Rape
"Demo 2011"*

:Split:
Scalped/Cogs And Sprockets*

* - Cassette
+ - 3" Cd-r/Cd-r