Wednesday, July 14, 2010

7/14/10 Update

Okay,better late than never. "Temporary Aid" tape came out,found out the first run of copies are fucked up,due to a speeding-up error on the master that trickled down to the first 25 dubs. In addition,the first 25 dubs are the only copies with actual artwork,because soon after this first error,my computer crashed and all the files on it are lost in limbo currently (if you,or anyone you know knows how to repair laptops without having to erase anything,please contact me. there was a shit ton of things on there almost completed and ready to be released). The remaining copies were all packaged in zany artwork,with clippings of weird shit i found upon my move. As far as i can tell,the remaining copies turned out better on the musical side of things too,as I remade the master to dub from. Fuck,I hate this release.

Intellect finally came through and released the 100 in 10 LP compilation. I still have yet to recieve my copy,but that is because it was shipped to my previous address,and I'm waiting on the postal service to catch it,and send it to my new house. Has anyone ever encountered parcels during an address change,and when they send it up to the new house,they re-charge you the shipping costs? That shit just happened to me.

A few things on the horizon in C/S territories...Salk's C-5 vol. 2 should be out real soon. It features what might be the oddest song I have ever written. Check that shit out once it drops,he's a real cool cat. Tony from Mancruel is putting out a compilation with a song of mine as well,called Siege of Power vol. 1. Recorded in the same session as the song on the 100 in 10,these are my personal favorite recordings cause they sound mean as fuck. I've yet to nail that guitar tone again.

May 2010 marked the switch from Utopia Tapes to Utopian Society,which means I am planning some things that aren't tapes. In addition,a number of things were dropped upon the world in small prints,namely the Giftgas 2009 and 2010 demos. If you're a fan of "Systems Overload" breakdowns with the speed of "Shackled Down",then this might be right up your alley. I sing on both demos,and they turned out pretty mean. I tried to get my DeNunzio on. Hit me up for copies of either demo,as I have an order of tapes coming. Another thing to be released soon is the 2 track EP from Ostracized. This is some raging guitar-less sludged down MITB worship,recalling the days when Kenyon was still around. A small run of 3" CDRs have been floating around,and the tape will be out once they arrive. The last run of The Naturals' newest Ep "Get Off My Train" got finished a couple days ago,but unfortunate for me the cover art is on the same laptop that I complained about earlier. So yes,those have wacky artwork as well. Also in Naturals news,the compilation tape "Dildo Boot Pigs" should be out soon. 100s of songs,unreleased shit,live shit,shit already put out,comp tracks,rehearsal tracks,freestyles,remixes,fuck. It's gonna be quite a listen,and I guarantee whoever gets this won't finish the whole thing.

Please contact me if you would like to trade releases. Thats what I do this for,hearing new shit and having my shit heard. Tape trade or forever pose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

RELEASES

UT-02 : Cogs and Sprockets
"Saturating The Well-Oiled Machine"*

UT-03 : Elderly Couple
"The First Four Weeks"*

UT-04 : Cogs and Sprockets
"In The Kingdom Of The Blind"*

UT-05 : Split:
White Ninja/Cogs and Sprockets*

: The Naturals
"Get Off My Train"+

: Giftgas
"Demo 2009"*

: Giftgas
"Demo 2010"*

: Ostracized
"Spread Disease Like A Dog"+

: Cogs and Sprockets
"Temporary Aid In The
Uncureable Sickness Of The Mind"*

: Cogs and Sprockets
"Human Error"*

: Giftgas
"Closed Casket Funeral"*

:Cogs and Sprockets
"(Camping out in front of)
The Black Friday EP"*

:Equal Opportunity Destroyer
"Promo 1/8/11"*+

:Cogs And Sprockets
"Two Things At Once"*

:Cogs And Sprockets
"Arms For The Poor"*

:Seeds Of Rape
"Demo 2011"*

:Split:
Scalped/Cogs And Sprockets*

* - Cassette
+ - 3" Cd-r/Cd-r